Dead Poets Society
An idealistic teacher stirs up the conformed waters of a 1959 prep school, inspiring his students to "suck the marrow out of life". A wonderfully acted and beautifully told story of the quest to maintain your individual identity and follow your dreams.
Roll Call: cast and crew of the film / Off Campus: links to reviews, other DPS sites, on-line stores / Yearbook: images and memorable scenes / Homework: question forum, FAQ, Guestbook / Library: entire script along with earlier draft / Extra Curricular Activities: extras scenes
Running Time: 2hr, 8min.
- Oscar winner for Best Original Screenplay (Tom Schulman).
- Nominated for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor (Robin Williams)
- Best Foreign Film winner for Cesar awards (France)
- Best Picture winner for British Academy Awards
- Best Original Music Score for British Academy Awards (Maurice Jarre)
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this, and all is mended, That you have but slumber'd here While these visions did appear. And this weak and idle theme, No more yielding but a dream, Gentles, do not reprehend: if you pardon, we will mend: And, as I am an honest Puck, If we have unearned luck Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue, We will make amends ere long; Else the Puck a liar call; So, good night unto you all. Give me your hands, if we be friends, And Robin shall restore amends. "
|Peter Weir: Films: Dead Poets Society||